Date: Tuesday, 28 July 2020
Time: 9:00 – 10:15 AM (EDT)
- Moderator: Steven Vale, Regional Adviser in Statistics, United Nations Economic Commission for Europe (UNECE
- Panelist: Jenny Pocknee, Principle Data Scientist, Methodology Transformation Branch, Methodology Division, Australian Bureau of Statistics
- Panelist: Alejandro Ruiz, Researcher at National Institute of Statistics and Geography (INEGI)
What it is about:
Digital techniques, such as machine learning (ML), have the potential to add value to statistical data production by not only increasing efficiency in statistical business processes but also allowing the use of new data sources.
This webinar will:
- Showcase examples of ML methods to improve the efficiency of statistical data production;
- Highlight the use of ML techniques to expand the use of big data sources in official statistics and;
- Present challenges in using these techniques.
This webinar is part of the UN World Data Forum series and highlights the use of non-traditional methods and techniques to add value to official statistics.